ASUS ROG PG279Q, ASUS Swift PG279Q gaming monitor gives you superior images with outstanding colours thanks to 100 per cent sRGB colour gamut and an astounding 1,000:1 contrast ratio. Wide 178-degree viewing angles ensure minimal distortion and colour shift even when you're viewing from extreme positions.
ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q incorporates NVIDIA G-SYNC display technology to deliver the smoothest, fastest, and most breathtaking gaming imaginable. G-SYNC synchronises the monitor's refresh rate to the GPU in your GeForce GTX-powered PC, eliminating screen tearing and minimizing display stutter and input lag. ROG Swift PG279Q lets you enjoy seamlessly-smooth and lag-free gameplay when playing the latest fast-paced first-person shooters, sports, and action-adventure titles.
ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q MONITOR PERFORMANCE
ASUS Swift PG279Q represents a new generation displays, with a WQHD 2560 x 1440 panel that delivers four times the resolution of 720p and 109 pixels per inch. You get to enjoy greater image detail and up to 77 per cent more onscreen desktop space than standard Full HD (1920 x 1080) displays. These add up to give you a major in-game advantage.
- IPS technology for consistent, accurate colour
- A 27-inch 2K/WQHD display for highly detailed visuals and more onscreen space
- Gain a Competitive Edge with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology
- Incredibly-fast 165 Hz refresh rate
- ASUS-exclusive GameVisual technology
- ASUS-exclusive GamePlus technology
- Smart cable management
- Keeping it cool with a smart air vent design
- Flicker free technology
- Ultra-low blue light technology
ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q also comes with the ASUS Ultra Low Blue Light filters to protect you from harmful blue light. You can easily access and select four different filter settings onscreen through a handy five-way joystick makes it easy to jump through the On-screen display (OSD) menus to fulfil your different scenarios.
ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q gaming monitor has undergone stringent performance tests and is certified by TÜV Rheinland laboratories, a global provider of technical, safety, and certification services, to be flicker-free and to emit low blue light levels.
ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q SPECIFICATIONS
The ROG Swift PG279Q is designed for marathon gaming session. It employs a custom heatsink that's double the size to make sure the monitor stays cool during marathon gaming sessions. Cooling is also aided by a Smart Air Venting Design that uses convective currents to generate airflow. This passive setup works entirely without fans, making it completely silent and maintenance-free.
ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q FEATURES
- 27-inch WQHD (2560 x 1440) resolution display feature IPS technology for wide 178 degrees viewing angles and life like gaming visuals.
- 165 Hz refresh rate and NVIDIA G-Sync technology for seamless visuals and smooth gameplay.
- ASUS ultra-low blue light, Flicker-Free, GamePlus and GameVisual technologies provide a comfortable gaming experience.
- Distinctively-designed stand with full tilt, swivel, pivot and height adjustment for comfortable viewing position.
Personally I prefer the SWIFT PG279Q as the SWIFT PG279P has a TN panel as apposed to the ASUS SWIFT PG279Q IPS panel.what this means is the IPS panel has better colours asn doesn't look as washed out as the TN panel and also if your viewing off centre on the TN panel you get a pinky tint and the screen looks awful at any angle.
Wish I could give this zero stars. Absolute garbage. Bought on 31st Aug 2016 way after Asus claimed to have sorted out their QC issues. I don't even think it's a quality control issue, it's just made wrong. The way they have made the bezel presses unevenly round the screen causing MASSIVE light bleed. I tried a dead pixel test. 5 on the first screen. Gave up and returned it at that point. Iv'e included a picture of it next to my Acer XB271HU (which I was going to return due to It's own issues) These AUO panels are at best average on a really good day. They make a big deal about IPS. Every cheap multi-media monitor on the market (most anyhoo) are IPS and most give a far superior image.